Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Is Cursive Handwriting Important? Yes!

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Which of these strategies, writing by hand or typing, is the most efficient for optimal learning in the classroom? Join Michelle Dragalin as she shares the benefits of teaching cursive handwriting in the age of keyboards and mobile devices. You will also discover how the practice of writing in cursive has numerous physical, social, and practical benefits for students.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 @ 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Early Learners, Learning Theories & Strategies, Reading & Writing
Tags: cursive, handwriting, learning strategies, writing

Reviews (12)

We are teaching cursive in our 4th grade classrooms. The kids really like it but there are a few students that resist it. It is hard to get them using it everyday, but a few are doing it and using it in all subjects.
+5

I am glad you presented this webinar. I personally feel cursive needs to be put back into the curriculum. While I was teaching, I included it anyway from grades 3-6

This webinar was informative.
Students need to know how to sign their names.

Excellent webinar. It was very helpful and informative. The information regarding why it is important to teach cursive and that it has value on many levels is key!

I too fear that cursive will become the secret language. I agree that the fluidity of cursive is beneficial for children.

What a wonderful presentation!!!! I also live in CO and the current common core curriculum is not allowing cursive writing as part of the daily learning. But I really agree with you about how cursive writing is so important in brain development! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the info.

Totally agree with teaching cursive! Great info!!

Great information!

Excellent! Reinforces my beliefs about cursive. Thanks
more reviews ...