Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Gratitude, SEL and Empathy-based Learning Experiences Is Where It's At!

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$4
Buy Now

Overview

Building SEL (social and emotional learning) skills such as gratitude and empathy requires face-to-face interaction, meaningful discussion, and reflection. Join Naomi Harm as she shares best practices for becoming a dynamic coach and building a strong community of learners in your classroom. You will also walk away with strategies to help you develop effective and consistent daily habits and instructional approaches that will engage and motivate your students.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Addressing Learning Loss, Diversity & SEL, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: empathy-based learning, motivation, reflection, sel, strategies, student engagement

Reviews (35)

it was great!

Thank You

Very informative, game me some ideas I can use in my classroom. This year, I pick a day every month to do "Get to know you" day. This allows my students to get to know the new kids that are constantly coming in and to learn something new about the ones that have been there awhile

Is there a way I can get some of the worksheets?

It was very informative

Great resources and incredibly informative!
Basic Member

Very informative. Thank you.

This was great. I loved the different resources. I am excited to implement something new.

I liked the templates and the 5 day approach.

Such great, valuable suggestions and resources. I have already begun pulling some of the ideas and thinking of ways to implement into my daily interactions with my students.

I really appreciate this information. I was so clueless to SEL. I will definately try to implement this into my classes.
more reviews ...