Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Compassion Fatigue: How to Avoid Teacher Burnout

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$4
Buy Now

Overview

Teachers care deeply about their students and are moved by compassion to reach out to them when they are struggling. But combined with an overwhelming workload, this can put teachers at risk for increased levels of stress. Join Melissa Mann as she shares how to recognize the signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue, as well as strategies to combat the physical, mental and emotional exhaustion that can lead to teacher burnout.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Sunday, May 23, 2021 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Personal Enrichment, Workplace
Tags: burnout, compassion, exhaustion strategies, fatigue, stress management

Reviews (121)

OMG- I TOTALLY have compassion fatigue! I am resting, relaxing and rejuvenating my spirit this summer. Thank you for sharing!

The struggle is real y'all! Thank you for this webinar!

Vital for any teacher. Thanks for an informative webinar!

Teacher burnout is real, so many suffer from panic attacks because of the stress

Enjoyed this webinar. It provided great info.

Great info.

Great info

Great info! Thanks.

Great tips and information!

The information about secondary trauma was familiar to me, conceptually, but it was incredibly helpful to learn about it, see visuals, and understand how to handle its impact. I also appreciated learning the difference between compassion fatigue and burnout. Excellent webinar!
I'd like to print out the slide of the hand model. Am I able to do that?
more reviews ...