Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

5 Ways To Support A Child With A Trauma History

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$4
Buy Now

Overview

Children who are struggling with a traumatic event have a very hard time adjusting to school and managing all that school requires of them. As a result, it is important that teachers as well as school staff understand the impact of trauma and learn ways to help a child who is struggling. In this webinar, Tamara Hill will discuss ways staff and teachers can support children who are struggling with trauma.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Addressing Learning Loss, Classroom Management, Counseling
Tags: classroom management, counseling

Reviews (63)

Thank you

Thanks for the information

It is so important for classroom teachers to build rapport with all students, but it's especially important to follow the active listening skills listed in your webinar. Thanks!

Thanks for the information!

Great information!

loved it very informative

Great information.

Good resources to start with.

Very Informative!

This was very informative! The school district I work in, is really working towards educating staff to be understanding of trauma. As a special education teacher it was nice to hear some of your recommendations, especially things my team and I currently do for our students! I have been part of multiple tag-ins, where a colleague and I switch classes/students just to make sure a student is in/gets to a safe place. I agree with Tamara 100%, sometimes that different person being present can be that positive step.
more reviews ...