Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Bring Shakespeare to Life with Online Discussions

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$4
Buy Now

Overview

Have you been looking for a way to shake up your Shakespeare curriculum with fun creative activities? In this webinar, we will show you how to encourage students to enjoy the language instead of being intimidated by it. We will explore how students can pair their favorite music with scenes from Shakespeare's famous plays with the Shakespeare Soundtrack Project, and s how students can vent their frustrations in original insult sonnets using the Bard's witty wording. You will discover how to invite the drama into your classroom with modern re-writes, comic strips and dramatic re-enactments. These activities and more will help you bring Shakespeare to life for your students!

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, December 8, 2011 @ 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1
Categories: Blended Learning, Communication & Collaboration, Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: Blended Learning, Communication and Collaboration, creative, explore, plays, Shakespeare, Tools for 21st Century Student Projects

Reviews (21)

+1

Excellent presentation with many great ideas to try...and not just with Shakespere!
Basic Member

Thank you!

Nice work
Basic Member

Thinking of a way to use Shakespeare in robotics
Basic Member

I think it was some awesome tips to get students to communicate.
Basic Member

Great Webinar!

This is so informative! As a drama teacher it is so hard to find a way for students to connect to Shakespeare! I think that this is a great tool and I will for sure be trying these ideas! I really like the Shakespeare Soundtrack!

Thank you for showing how to invite the drama into your classroom with modern re-writes, I like the film version of their scenes, creative comics with current slang and expressions.
Basic Member

Excellent presentation.

Great presentation and ideas...I never have understood any teacher asking students to read Shakespearean plays alone.
more reviews ...