Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Online Communities with Language Learners

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Language learners need opportunities to apply the language they are learning within various contexts. Numerous free online communities allow learners to experiment with language through meaningful dialogue with other language learners and native speakers. Learners can do this through chatting, attending webinars, sending voice messages, or completing Web 2.0 tasks. In this presentation, Shelly Terrell introduces some of the various online communities and suggests activities that teachers can use to encourage the outside practice of English language skills.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Monday, July 1, 2019 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Response to Intervention (RTI), Virtual Learning
Tags: DOL717, ELL English Language Learners, ESL, ESOL, language skills, online communities, Response to Intervention, RTI, virtual learning

Reviews (44)

It had different apps and resources we can use to better help the english language learners, really liked. Thank you!

I like the platform that was discussed for Elementary students. I will try one of the platforms discussed.

nice job, thanks

Thanks for the ideas.

I found it helpful!

Good content and helpful tips.

There were so many great ideas for getting students involved in learning communities. I really appreciated it. I think this presentation is especially important now that many kids are learning from home and can use extra language support environments. Thank you!

I really liked all the information for RTI as it helps me with the meetings we have throughout the year

Excellent explanations:-)

Many helpful resources explained in a clear and concise way. Thank you!
more reviews ...