Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Content and Language Integrated Learning: Blend Language Learning with Science

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

English language learners often struggle with the technical language in science texts. Through the practice of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), learners simultaneously learn science and study content. In this webinar, join Shelly Terrell as she shows you how to teach science with various instructional methods to help language learners. These include videos, websites, and multimedia tools that help language learners visualize theories and important principles.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Learning Theories & Strategies, Response to Intervention (RTI), STEAM
Tags: CLIL, content integration, Dol507, ELL, English language learners, ESL, ESOL, science

Reviews (35)

Fantastic resources that I will be using in my classroom this school year. Thanks for such a wonderful webinar.

great

The quality sites are very helpful. Thank you

great

Good ideas. Thanks

Good

Thank your for the wonderful information. Sometimes it's difficult to find quality sites and this helps tremendously!

My ENL/ESL students will definitely benefit from this! Very informative, thank you!

Thank you Shelly! I teach Bilingual/ESL. The webinar was definitely very helpful.
+5

Great ideas...
more reviews ...