Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Common Core: Read, Understand and Analyze Complex Texts

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do your students complain that they don't remember or understand what they read? This webinar will explore strategies you can use with your students to encourage close readings of complex texts, analysis of both literary and informational texts, and synthesis of different texts that discuss the same topic. Join Catlin Tucker as she shows how you can support students with concrete strategies and introduce them to helpful technology that will improve their ability to understand both the explicit and implicit meaning of the texts you are using in your class!

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Common Core, Communication & Collaboration, Reading & Writing
Tags: analyzing text, CCSS, Common Core State Standards, complex texts, Dol327, English, informational texts, language arts, reading, reading strategies

Reviews (72)

AWESOME! This was sooooo good. I needed this....all of it. Thanks so much for some great information.

Annotation is one of the hardest concept for students to grasp. I liked the way it was explained. Newsela is something I will be checking out. Having the Diigo bar will be very helpful. I teach middle school, but I am in hopes of modifying to lower level than ninth and tenth.

Understanding and Analyzing Complex Texts to encourage students is welcoming for my fourth graders. Thank you

Very helpful, thank you!
Basic Member

This was really great for identifying reading levels of texts and literature and how to define a complex text. better yet there were also strategies for reading these texts for deeper comprehension. Excellent!
Basic Member

Excellent webinar. Great resources.
Basic Member

Very informative. I haven't tried Diigo before, sounds like something students would enjoy.

This was a very informative webinar. Interesting on the statistics of students that can't read when entering college. I am going to explore more about the Diigo.com program.
Basic Member

I really liked this webinar, it was very well presented.

Some real helpful insights.
more reviews ...