Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Eww, That's Gross! Science Apps for Middle and High School Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like to engage your middle and high school students, spark inquiry, and help science concepts come alive for them? Join Dr. Jenna Linksens as she discusses effective uses, applications, and creative ways to use an iPadģ or tablet in your classroom to support learning and demonstrate understanding of science concepts, including PHOEC (Problem, Hypothesis, Observation, Experiment, Conclusion) in grades 6-12. Jenna will show how to use these applications with students to improve student performance and understanding of concepts through creation, not just consumption.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Saturday, December 1, 2018 @ 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning Basics , STEAM
Tags: High School, iPad Apps, Middle School, Mobile Learning, PHOEC, Science, scientific concepts, STEM

Reviews (31)

I couldn't resist the title of this webnar.

Not what I expected, but still had good information with good app references.

This was not what I expected based on the title but there were some apps that I could use in my classroom.
Basic Member
+7

Great overview of a number of apps that can be used in the classroom.
Basic Member

Loved the Atomic Elements to build atoms. This is more interesting than just drawing them on the board! GREAT!!!
Basic Member

I am most excited to try imotion HD because I am the faculty moderator for our school's in house television program. Next, Nova Element should enable a much more engaging way to study elements.
Basic Member
+2

Great webinar. Useful list of apps to engage students and make science fun. Can't wait to share with colleagues! Thanks!
Basic Member

Great information.
+1

All of the apps seem very valuable to the educational process. Thanks for sharing!!
Basic Member

Great information. I would like to see something similar for 1:1 classrooms.
more reviews ...