Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Effective Classroom Management: New Teacher Essentials

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$19.99
Buy Now

Overview

Workshop Description:
Strong classroom management skills can go a long way towards creating a productive and effective learning environment. Join Michelle Dragalin for this hands-on, interactive workshop as she shares the fundamental principles of effective classroom management including strategies for student behavior, safety, equity, and support. You will also gain access to a variety of resources, including pre-made checklists, to develop a plan for classroom management that will create a safe and welcoming learning environment where your students feel valued and respected.

Learning Objectives:
  • Explore the fundamental principles of effective classroom management including strategies for student behavior, safety, equity, and support.
  • Develop a plan for classroom management that will create a safe and welcoming learning environment where your students feel valued and respected

• Special Technology Instructions:
    Participants will need access to an internet device and a non-school, personal Google account. SimpleK12ís Google Classroom will be utilized for the interactive and hands-on components of this workshop.

Assessment:
    Participants will have collaboration and sharing opportunities throughout the workshop to demonstrate their understanding of the workshop objectives and reflect on their learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
    Last aired on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023 @ 4:00 PM EDT
    Duration: 1 hour
    Credit Hours: 1
    Categories: Classroom Management, Diversity & SEL
    Tags: Back to School, Beginning Teachers, Classroom Management, DEI, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, New Teachers, Preservice Teachers, SEL, Social & Emotional Learning, Student Teaching, Substitute Teachers

Reviews (7)

Awesome. Thanks for the tips and ideas on the different strategies in classroom management.

Thanks!

Thanks for the great information!
    Basic Member

Good information!

Great information. The more we learn about our students and how to deal with trauma victems and the science involved the more effect our field becomes.

Great information. I am using these in my classrooms.
    +14

I use these all the time in my classroom!
    more reviews ...