Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Total Participation Techniques to Engage Every Learner

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Session Description:
Total Participation Techniques (TPTs) are instructional strategies that allow all students to demonstrate, at the same time, active participation, and cognitive engagement. Join Dr. Jayme Linton as she models TPTs in this highly interactive session. You will also walk away with strategies and tools that you can immediately use to increase high cognitive engagement for every learner.

Learning Objectives:
  • Define Total Participation Techniques and explain how TPTs allow students to demonstrate active participation and cognitive engagement.

• Design a content-specific lesson or activity that incorporates Total Participation Techniques to increase high cognitive engagement for every learner.

• Assessment: Participants will join a collaborative backchannel chat to discuss ideas for incorporating Total Participation Techniques into their curriculum to demonstrate their understanding of the session objectives and reflect on their learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
    Last aired on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 @ 4:00 PM EDT
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Credit Hours: 0.5
    Categories: Communication & Collaboration
    Tags: collaborative learning, student engagement

Reviews (23)

Great information!

This was both a great refresher and opportunity to revamp. These techniques and concepts can work for all students- especially my student's with accommodations and/or modifications

This was great. I have certainly heard and utilized some of these concepts in the past. Then I forget, and get caught up in pushing OUT information to my students, leaving less opportunity for ALL students to be engaged at once. Great techniques. Thank you.

Good information, techniques, and examples. Thank you.
    Basic Member
    +2

This was extremely useful in getting EVERY child to participate in class.

Thank you

Thanks for the wonderful tools/strategies.

I love the technique that gives students time to process information before requiring a response

It is always a struggle to get everyone involved. I will definitely be implementing some of the ideas shared in this webinar.

Getting all students to participate in learning in key! Thank you!
    more reviews ...