Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Upskilling Our Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$4
Buy Now

Overview

Session Description:
Upskilling is the process of adding to a skill set to better oneself for future tasks and endeavors. Join Deb Norton as she shares how educators can set students up for success by offering opportunities to upskill in a variety of different areas including study skills, technology, soft skills, creativity, test-taking skills, and much more. You will also learn strategies for enhancing student performance and knowledge through updating skill sets and preparing our students to be their best version of themselves going forward.

Learning Objectives:
  • Understand the importance of investing time and energy into focusing on upskilling our students to set them up for success in future tasks and endeavors.

• Identify the different areas of upskilling and share at least one strategy that can be used to help prepare our students to be their best version of themselves.

• Assessment:Participants will collaborate in a word cloud activity to share their ideas for upskilling their students to demonstrate their understanding of the session objective(s) and reflect on their learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
    Last aired on: Thursday, April 21, 2022 @ 11:00 AM EDT
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Credit Hours: 0.5
    Categories: Differentiation & Personalization, Learning Theories & Strategies
    Tags: differentiation, learning strategies, learning theories, personalization

Reviews (10)

Very helpful information :)

Wonderful and abundant ideas to "Upskilling our students" at all level.

Enlightening. This was the first time I heard the term 'upskill.'
    I will definitely use the 30 circles challenge in my math classes.
    Thanks for sharing!

This was great. A lot of food for thought.

Wow! Quantity and quality! I'll be be back to "study" this webinar.

awesome video!

I really, really. enjoyed listening to this webinar because some of your share was re-skilled as well as up-skilling. This would be kept in my speed dial resource list until it becomes a habit of use in the supporting of scholarís brain development that Ms. M. Dragalin analysis spoke of and the giving of choices like Mr. M. Bergman from other Simply K12 webinars speakers shared. My colleagues would love this because it would minimize the dayís work when implemented correctly. A win- win for everyone because the standards would also be applied.

This was a lot of supportive information to increase student success! Love all the tools that were shared for student-created resources.
    Basic Member

This presentation was a powerhouse! The information was beautifully presented with enough explanation given about a topic with links to further grasp the concept. I can't believe what I gained in just 30 minutes. Thank you Deb!

WOW! that was amazing...I have so many awesome ideas to springboard off from the resources shared! Thank you, Deb!
    more reviews ...