Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Upskilling Our Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Session Description:
Upskilling is the process of adding to a skill set to better oneself for future tasks and endeavors. Join Deb Norton as she shares how educators can set students up for success by offering opportunities to upskill in a variety of different areas including study skills, technology, soft skills, creativity, test-taking skills, and much more. You will also learn strategies for enhancing student performance and knowledge through updating skill sets and preparing our students to be their best version of themselves going forward.

Learning Objectives:
  • Understand the importance of investing time and energy into focusing on upskilling our students to set them up for success in future tasks and endeavors.

• Identify the different areas of upskilling and share at least one strategy that can be used to help prepare our students to be their best version of themselves.

• Assessment:Participants will collaborate in a word cloud activity to share their ideas for upskilling their students to demonstrate their understanding of the session objective(s) and reflect on their learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
    Last aired on: Thursday, April 21, 2022 @ 11:00 AM EDT
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Credit Hours: 0.5
    Categories: Differentiation & Personalization, Learning Theories & Strategies
    Tags: differentiation, learning strategies, learning theories, personalization

Reviews (21)

I will try some of the strategies and resources that Deb introduced in this webinar. Sometimes we do not give ourselves enough credit for how we as educators had to upskill overnight due to the pandemic!

Thank you for all the resources! I am looking forward to helping my students upskill.

Great!!
    Basic Member
    +2

I could not get the correct question on slido.com
    How do we get the slides for later reference?
    +13

I love these ideas!

Great ideas! I shared the MathReps with my nephew who teaches math. I hope to use some of the Upskills Activities and Soft Skills to Pay the Bills since I teach Health Science and find that students lack soft skills.

Thanks for presenting!
    +18

Great information, to Upskill my teaching!

good information to keep on file.
    Basic Member

Great weinar
    more reviews ...