Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Finding Balance: Self-care Techniques to Support Educators and Students Social and Emotional Well-being

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for ways to incorporate effective daily wellness routines that honor and respect your teacher time and help you find balance? Join Naomi Harm as she shares personal and professional self-care techniques that can be used to support you and your students' social and emotional well-being. You will also walk away with a multitude of SEL and gratitude activities and templates to help build a stronger community of compassionate learners in your classroom.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, January 6, 2022 @ 10:00 AM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Diversity & SEL, Personal Enrichment
Tags: personal enrichment, SEL, self-care, social emotional learning, well-being

Reviews (22)

Very motivational! Thanks for your great ideas! Very enlightening!

who cares more about ME thanME- JeffL

I appreciate the hands-on learning activities for students.

Thanks for the information!
Self-care is very important!

Good information. I myself find journaling and self reflection to be very important for my own personal and professional growth. I love the idea of Thankful Thursday and appreciate the different tools that you shared.

There were lots of great tools to use for a variety of situations. I like that these could be applied if you are a teacher dealing with overload from students, or from administrators or even just people in your personal life (i.e. home.) I think I might start with the small change of lifting others up by putting sticky-notes on peoples desks, computer screens etc. Also trying to set an alarm to give myself a break after each hour of work. Thanks for all the great ideas.

Journaling is a skill that I hope to implement as a way to keep track of my own improvement. Since we are all growing and changing each year keeping a journal is like having a conversation with a different version of yourself. Going back and reading what you said could help your better understand yourself and how other's perceive you

Super cool information!!!

Enjoyed it !! We get so busy sometimes, we don't take the time to deal with this.

I didn't think my tidying up in between breaks was one of the categories! My nature walks and my journaling.. I use journaling as homework for my students.
more reviews ...