Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

The Post Pandemic Classroom: Improving the Grading System

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

As we begin to test the waters of returning back to “normal” after Covid-19, we are also holding conversations about why “normal” may be the wrong destination for students, teachers, and parents. Join Dr. Rob Furman as he examines what we have learned about our “old school” grading system as a result of the pandemic. He will also discuss some changes that we should consider making to improve our grading system, including suggestions for how to get started.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Addressing Learning Loss, Assessment & Review , Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: assessment, grading system, post-pandemic

Reviews (15)

Great information. Thank you!

Great webinar.

I can not believe this presenter did not turn off his phone then went and answered his door during the presentation. Yikes! Unprofessional. I think he needed to reschedule the webinar. His thoughts were interesting but definitely futuristic.

Great Information

Great information. Thank you!
+5

Lots of information to think about.

You have given me a lot to ponder!

Thanks for the suggestions on changes we should consider making to improve our grading system! I appreciate the suggestions on how to get started.

Thought-provoking presentation but it seems unrealistic to change the grading system of education as a whole. There has to be a way to integrate this concept into the current grading system or encourage some sort of hybrid system of the two. One thing that is key is the communication of the ability of students to the parents.

Very informative approach to bridging the gap.
more reviews ...