Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Addressing the Learning Gaps Created by Virtual Learning

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you clear off ramps or shovel steps? The answer lies in how you address variability. ALL learners are highly variable in how they engage in learning, process information, and demonstrate understanding. Join Matt Bergman as he shares how educators can address learning gaps through reactive (step-shoveling) or proactive (ramp-clearing) planning. You will also walk away with a variety of proactive strategies for addressing many of the learning gaps created by virtual learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Addressing Learning Loss, Assessment & Review , Differentiation & Personalization, Virtual Learning
Tags: learning gap, learning loss, proactive strategies, virtual learning

Reviews (55)

Great information on academic needs and social/emotional needs.

I got a certification for SPED and so much of what you say is true. Opening up other ways for your students to show their learning can help then engage in school and so much more.
Basic Member

It was great! I shared some of the quotes with our Director.

Great information.

I've really enjoyed this presentation. The metaphor of shoveling ramps instead of stairs is a great reminder to be mindful of all barriers and inclusive to all who are experiencing them.

Matt's blog is also very resourceful. Thanks so much!
Basic Member

How to create lessons that are inclusive to different styles of learning.

I love the word wall idea! Vocabulary is definitely something my students struggle with.
Basic Member

I like the webinar because it was concise and I would practice immediately what I learned. The best PD I have been to this summer!

Really enjoyed the part on the step shoveling mentality. Priceless! Thanks for the informative webinar.

This was the best session, it is true that every students has their own unique way of learning. As a teacher, I believe it is very important to apply different learning style in order to reach each students and succeed on the learning expectations.
more reviews ...