Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Addressing the Learning Gaps Created by Virtual Learning

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you clear off ramps or shovel steps? The answer lies in how you address variability. ALL learners are highly variable in how they engage in learning, process information, and demonstrate understanding. Join Matt Bergman as he shares how educators can address learning gaps through reactive (step-shoveling) or proactive (ramp-clearing) planning. You will also walk away with a variety of proactive strategies for addressing many of the learning gaps created by virtual learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, June 17, 2021 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Addressing Learning Loss, Assessment & Review , Differentiation & Personalization, Virtual Learning
Tags: learning gap, learning loss, proactive strategies, virtual learning

Reviews (18)

An informative and innovative view of the learning gap. I love the analogy of the ramp and the stairs and I hope I can be a "ramp clearing" teacher.

informative

I love the analogy of the stairs and the ramp! This was a very informative session on preparing to close the learning gap!

Great!

Nice job! Informative and exactly on point as I am a special education teacher. Wish more teachers used ramps for everyone! Thanks!

Very informative and practical

The inspiration and practical examples will serve as a springboard for developing ways to "clear the ramp" in math class this year. Thanks for sharing.

Very insightful presentation. Interested in learning more about the interactive word walls.

Very informative.

So many of my students are struggling with this without covid-19 positive information.
more reviews ...