Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Addressing the Learning Gaps Created by Virtual Learning

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you clear off ramps or shovel steps? The answer lies in how you address variability. ALL learners are highly variable in how they engage in learning, process information, and demonstrate understanding. Join Matt Bergman as he shares how educators can address learning gaps through reactive (step-shoveling) or proactive (ramp-clearing) planning. You will also walk away with a variety of proactive strategies for addressing many of the learning gaps created by virtual learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Sunday, September 12, 2021 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Addressing Learning Loss, Assessment & Review , Differentiation & Personalization, Virtual Learning
Tags: learning gap, learning loss, proactive strategies, virtual learning

Reviews (64)

Great way to utilize differentiation. Thank you!

Wonderful presentation.

Informative. I am definitely one to shoveling the steps. However, Matt has convinced me, and showed me, that clearing a path is so much better. The concept was mind blowing.

I really enjoyed this!

I found it extremely interesting!

Thank you for the proactive strategies to teach the gaps of learning especially right now with this last year taught in remote sessions. The strategy of word representation is a great win for any teacher trying to enrich the students vocabulary. As you said one way of teaching does not fit all!

Excellent presentation! Thank you!

Excellent presentation! Matt is a terrific communicator.

Excellent information!!!

Great information on academic needs and social/emotional needs.
more reviews ...