Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Compassion Fatigue: How to Avoid Teacher Burnout

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Teachers care deeply about their students and are moved by compassion to reach out to them when they are struggling. But combined with an overwhelming workload, this can put teachers at risk for increased levels of stress. Join Melissa Mann as she shares how to recognize the signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue, as well as strategies to combat the physical, mental and emotional exhaustion that can lead to teacher burnout.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Saturday, May 1, 2021 @ 11:30 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Personal Enrichment, Workplace
Tags: burnout, compassion, exhaustion strategies, fatigue, stress management

Reviews (62)

Perfect Video!!

Thank you Soooo much. This was a year of testing all teachers with what they can handle before burning out.

Seems like the whole country is having compassion fatigue. But I'm not sure how to take that time to write in a journal or go for a walk. If I do that, something else important doesn't get done and that makes the next day even more stressful. I do not understand why the advice is always to do yet another thing. I'm overworked and stressed so I should add in a yoga session, massage, walk or journal writing. I guess this just makes me really resentful of people who feel they have the time to add those things in. I don't.

Thank you for the strategies, it has been a challenging year.

Great information and strategies to use!

Great information and ideas for me to try.

Good info

Very interesting. Will try it, looks like fun and is easy to do.

Thank you Melissa!

Good
more reviews ...