Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Augmentative and Alternative Communication iPad Apps for Special Needs

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

The iPad has opened up a whole new world for students with significant disabilities - allowing many of them to communicate and interact like never before. As a result, Augmentative and Alternative Communication Apps (AAC) apps have proliferated in the marketplace, but the challenge becomes finding the ones right for you and your students. In this webinar, join Hillary Goldthwait-Fowles as she talks about the various AAC apps and discusses considerations when selecting AAC apps for students with disabilities.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning Intermediate , Response to Intervention (RTI), Special Education
Tags: AAC apps, iPads, special ed, special education, special needs, students with disabilities

Reviews (48)

+4

Fantastic ideas! Thank you for sharing:)

I dont often work with children with disabilities, but when I sub for a class like this, these ideas will definitely help me out. Thanks for your time and sharing of ideas.

The information was good. I liked that a variety of apps were shown. I was hoping that eye-gaze for i-pad would have been addressed, but that is something I can continue to look into.

great information
Basic Member

I am switching into special education this upcoming school so I am excited about using the apps with my students
Basic Member

Nice to see new apps to use, that I had not heard of or used before.
Basic Member

Great Job!

great video

Awesome Information and I will put this to use and share with my parents.

Awesome resources! will share with the appropriate people in our school.

more reviews ...