Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

How to Engage Your Students in Online Discussion

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for ways to increase student participation in your hybrid or fully virtual classroom? Join Matt Bergman as he shares strategies to facilitate online discussion in creative, meaningful, and engaging ways. You will also learn how to use book snaps, class meetings, and creative questions, including tips and tricks for using a variety of online platforms to encourage online discussion.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Sunday, April 11, 2021 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Virtual Learning
Tags: book snaps, class meetings, creative questions, online discussion, participation, student engagement, tips and tricks

Reviews (39)

Thank you. Always some new things to try.

Very useful! I have 3 classes of English9 and some of the students are great at participating actively - and then others are nearly invisible. I'm going to put many of Matt's suggestions to work. Thank you.
Basic Member

I thought this webinar as amazing but so full of new information and platforms that were new to me. I would have to watch this many times to be able to navigate the different mediums that were demonstrated.

Great ideas for older students. Only wish it told me in the description that this was geared toward older students. It would be awesome and save time if you could suggest that Simple k12 list (in brackets beside the titles which videos are for young students like (k-3rd) and which are for older students. That would save teachers lots of time when searching any videos to watch. You may think we should already know but the whole reason some sign up is because they have never used it before. Therefore, they would not know what age group it is for unless it says elementary. Would save time for educators on here. Just a thought.

Thank you!

Good ideas-need more time to absorb
Basic Member

great webinar
thank you

Really helpful, thank you!
Basic Member

Great ideas for both synchronous and asynchronous!

great ideas, too fast
more reviews ...