Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Identifying and Addressing Racism In the Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Join Dr. Courtney Teague, a global education leadership trainer, for this learning experience where teachers will engage in deep reflection about how race impacts teachers perceptions of students of color. The participants will examine implicit biases, and learn strategies to advance equity within their teaching practices.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, September 24, 2020 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Counseling, Diversity & SEL
Tags: bias, equity, racism

Reviews (49)

Great presentation. The presentation makes you think about the choices made in the classroom such as the literature you choose to share with students. One of the questions about curriculum adoption had an interesting point about asking students to explain how the text/ pictures make them feel- are they included before adopting a curriculum.

This webinar gave a great introduction to cultural responsiveness & understanding racism in the classroom setting more. Simply stated definitions and explanations too. I would be interested in hearing more as Dr. Courtney Teague seemed well informed on the subject.

I appreciated the presenter's explanations of how racism is brought in to the classroom. I also appreciated her reminders to be self-aware about what we might be doing as educators to perpetuate racism in the classroom. She had some great suggestions as well - ex: using rubrics focusing on cultural responsiveness as we look at our curriculum.

This webinar compliments the work that Elizabeth Dupperon and Heather Barlow are sharing in our district's PD. I liked the examples of how the educators can promote equity and inclusion.

Great presentation! Really makes you think.

I so loved this webinar, one of the best for me yet. There is so much to learn on these topics, there is never enough time. I really wish some of these webinars would go just a little longer, especially those like this one. Thank you!

Very informative, helped me think about my own racial bias and ways to proactive as an educator.

Relevant and timely.

I appreciated Ms. Teague's action steps to take- look for parallels, ask questions, be vulnerable and observe to name a few.

Great presentation!
more reviews ...