Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Identifying and Addressing Racism In the Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Join Dr. Courtney Teague, a global education leadership trainer, for this learning experience where teachers will engage in deep reflection about how race impacts teachers perceptions of students of color. The participants will examine implicit biases, and learn strategies to advance equity within their teaching practices.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, September 24, 2020 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Counseling, Diversity & SEL
Tags: bias, equity, racism

Reviews (61)

thank you
Basic Member

I liked the informative program. Thank you.
+2

Very important theme. After all the acontecimientos in summer she exposed this issue very well. Thank You!

What an a great presentation.

Thoughtfully presented strategies on dealing with implicit bias and timely, real-world strategies that can be applied immediately.

I like the way that the presenter approached cultural responsiveness and understanding racism in the classroom setting. It can be a sensitive topic, but it gave really good tips and tools for teachers to promote equality and inclusion of everyone.

I thought this was thought-provoking about unconscious bias. The analogy of the Neuroscience for Kids was powerful for me. The PAUSE acronym reminds me of the first thing to do in cognitive coaching - pause before responding to the person you are with. Gives time to think first, before responding. The ideas for addressing racism in the classroom were practical.

Presenter did a fine job presenting the information. She provided many engaging ways to keep us thinking about the topic with a number of common sense ways to promote inclusion.

As the presenter states in the beginning, this seminar barely scratches the surface of the topic. However, it is a great springboard for further study and discussion. I especially liked her suggestions for promoting inclusion and would like to see more information with additional suggestions and implementation ideas.

Good presentation that aligns well with the work that is being done in the district. I appreciate that along with the information it offered specific strategies.
more reviews ...