Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Supporting Students with Autism During Remote Learning

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Students with Autism may have unique needs with communication, learning, and social skills. During this session, Dr. Courtney will share 6 strategies for teachers to implement to help students with autism thrive in the classroom. She will also highlight a few accessibility features found on popular devices that can help remove learning barriers. These strategies will help teachers address common needs and provide guidance for bringing out the best in students with Autism.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Monday, June 1, 2020 @ 6:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Special Education , Virtual Learning
Tags: autism, learning strategies, remote learning

Reviews (7)

Everything Dr. Teague discussed was relevant to all students. I believe COVID-19 has made us all have a need for daily routines, organization, and areas to define work/play so we can have some sense of control over what was thrown at us quickly and without choice. Being able to provide choices of how to do their work with the do this first, then you get (fill in the blank) is going to give them a sense of control over their education and their life when things are just not normal right now. Thank you Dr. Teague for the reminder to give ourselves grace and the permission to throw out traditional lesson plans. I like the idea of learning 2 tools to become real familiar with this summer to prepare for what may lie ahead in August.

Great, but this is the second time because I didn't get credit for yesterday.
+6

Informative

Greate.

I tried using a photo of my class room as my background for Zoom. It did not work so well for me. The kids liked it, but I had problems with whatever props I was holding. When I took the background off the kids could see the props fine. I set up a work space and used it every time I worked with my students.

Could be helpful to new teachers.

very informative
more reviews ...