Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Technology to Bridge Learning Gaps with At-Risk Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Frequently, at-risk students slip through the cracks - either because their grades are not quite bad enough or because they are able to "fake it until they make it" to graduation. These students have developed amazing coping skills, and can get by just enough to keep off the radar of most educators. Join Dr. Michelle Cheasty-Christ as she explores ways you can use a variety of tech tools to bridge the gaps that have developed with our at- risk students. She will explore a variety of options, including STEAM manipulatives, tablet apps, and other devices that students can use independently to level the playing field for themselves - both in and out of school.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Thursday, November 7, 2019 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: apps, at risk, at-risk students, Intervention, manipulatives, RTI, STEAM

Reviews (5)

Anything we can do to help the at risk kids is worth it. Thanks

Thank you!

Excellent ideas on using non-plug-in technology. I really liked the ideas of using visuals to aid instruction to create the desired learning objective. There are many different ways to bridge learning gaps, and this gives different ideas and ways to meet students different learning styles. Teaching High School Students provide their own unique challenge to bridging the learning gaps. Very Helpful.

Lots of good ideas; especially in terms of not using plug-in technology. I really like how she had visuals of how she incorporated her ideas; makes it very relevant for the viewer. My issue will be transferring her ideas from an elementary setting to a high school setting. But it certainly has wonderful potential and real-time applications.

Great resources!
more reviews ...