Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Evidence-Based Instructional Strategies to Use Right Now

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of various types of instructional strategies and pedagogical approaches to teaching and learning. Yet how do we know which ones work and which ones don't? And, perhaps more importantly, which can be supported through the use of technology? Join Steven Anderson as he examines the research behind some of the most highly effective instructional strategies, why they work, and why their counterparts don't.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: instructional strategies, learning strateties, learning theories, pedagogical approaches

Reviews (14)

Basic Member

Excellent points - good reminder of Hattie's effect size.
+7

Love the strategies!

Six instructional strategies to increase achievement and easy to implement, wonderful!

Loved the strategies. Thanks!!!!

This is great! I'm a huge fan of Hattie's work. I love being able to use evidence-based models of instruction.

Wonderful - I would like to see if my Administrative Leaders have a copy of this book at our school. We have actually used a few of these strategies. I'm going to revisit a few that were mentioned in this video for starters, and then I will look at other strategies.

Thanks great talk
Basic Member

Good information and 6 great strategies.

I really liked the fact you talked about PBL and making it work for your students. I never thought about Kahoot causing anxiety for some students, so thank you for mentioning that.

Great info. I liked the formative assessment with class discussion. We do that a lot in our ELA class. The most unlikely will speak up and answer.
more reviews ...