Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Virtual Houdini: Classroom Escape Rooms for Physical and Online Spaces

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Escape rooms are all the rage, and they can be used in any level of education to foster critical thinking, enhance problem solving, reinforce concepts, and more! Join Beth Ritter-Guth as she explains how to use pre-made escape rooms and how to begin building your own (or help your students build THEIR own). She will discuss the benefits of incorporating escape rooms into your lessons and showcase some awesome concepts and tools that you can use to create and launch physical and virtual escape rooms.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Tools for Student Projects
Tags: critical thinking, escape rooms, problem solving, reinforce concepts, review

Reviews (22)

Really cool idea, but I wish the video had shown more details on an already built break out room. How does it work? What is the process?

Great stuff!!

I will be trying these with my kinders! Thank you :)

Great Info...

nice job, thanks

It would have been nicer to have some templates ready to copy and make our own, but it's a good overview.
Basic Member

Thank you!

Would have liked more information on how to make an escape room

How do you build escape room? Need more information on this. It is great idea!
Basic Member

This webinar was informative about what an escape room is, but didn't give any guidance about how to plan out or build one. I was hoping for more of a tutorial, or a road map, to follow. She gave some links to websites to use for resources, but I wanted this webinar to be the resource and it wan't. I was also hoping to see an example of a virtual escape room that the presenter built so I could see one in action. Overall, after watching this, I still don't know how to build an escape room.
more reviews ...