Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Harness Students' Critical Thinking Skills and Close the Vocabulary Gap

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Free
Access Now

Overview

Would you like to increase vocabulary comprehension for your K-12 students Ė whether they are students who are struggling or those who are already exceling? Join Beth Lawrence as she discusses the key roles vocabulary, background knowledge, and visuals play in student comprehension. You will learn about a new cognitive-educational construct, Semantic Reasoning (developed by co-founders Deena Seifert and Beth Lawrence) and why it's so important. Beth will also share research, a demo, and testimonials on InferCabulary, a web-based tool that uses Semantic Reasoning, and explain the powerful impact it has on getting students to immediately apply new knowledge to new concepts. In addition, she will show how you can easily create your own Semantic Reasoning vocabulary lessons using Google's free Workbench tool. Come discover how to improve comprehension for all of your students!

SPONSOR: This webinar is brought to you by InferCabulary . For information about InferCabulary and how they make vocabulary visible, please visit infercabulary.com/

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Saturday, August 24, 2019 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Reading & Writing, Sponsored
Tags: Google Workbench, InferCabulary, reading, reading comprehension, semantic reasoning, vocabulary

Reviews (7)

Great webinar!

Something to certainly help my students with vocabulary. I found the presentation interesting.

This was a really good session. I will definitely be looking into this resource more.

Great ideas to help my students with their vocabulary. Iím going to take advantage of the 6 month offer through Google Classroom.

good ideas

Great insight on the use of vocabulary

Very informative!
more reviews ...