Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Why Project-based Learning (PBL) is Critical for Student Success

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Students need to learn how to work in groups, respond to real-world scenarios, and participate in online environments. Join Dr. Michelle Cheasty-Christ as she explores why project based learning scenarios are critical to a student's success both within school and after leaving high school. Students are expected to jump into college settings knowing how to successfully navigate online, hybrid, and traditional face- to- face classes; successfully manage time; and complete adequate and appropriate courses of study. Students who do not attend college are expected to jump into the workforce able to solve any and all problems they may face at work. Michelle will share a variety of project-based learning scenarios that you can use to help all your students succeed in school and beyond.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: PBL student success, Project-based learning, real world, student projects

Reviews (4)

Basic Member
+3

Thank You!!
+10

Great info!

I am excited about incorporating PBLs into my classes this year. Thank you for information to consider when creating PBLs.

Great suggestions and very informative. I am looking forward to implementing some of these ideas into my Science and History classes this year!
more reviews ...