Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Reducing Office Referrals: Steps for Principals and Admins, Part 2

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$4
Buy Now

Overview

Are your teachers sending students to your office for minor behavior infractions? If so, this problem will not be solved with a chart for classroom-managed versus office-managed behaviors. Join Ryan Jeffery as he explains how you can empower your teachers with common practices that prevent 80% of the misbehaviors that occur in most classrooms. He will also address how you can teach them to respond to, de-escalate, and provide consequences for the 20% of misbehaviors that cannot be prevented in today's school climate. Ryan will share how to implement a 3-step process that reduces office referrals, makes teachers happier, and Administrators more appreciated. In Part 2 of this 2-part series, Ryan will cover the second and third steps in this process: Practical Professional Development and Permanent Proactive Culture. He will explain how these steps highlight the skills your staff must develop in order to have a strong continuum of behavior supports across all three tiers of Intervention.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Thursday, July 11, 2019 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Classroom Management, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: admin resources, administrator resources, de-escalate, infractions, misbehavior, proactive behavior supports, referrals, RTI, student behavior, tiers of intervention

Reviews (31)

This webinar proved the answer to all the What do I need to do questions, but really did not tell exactly How to get it done. This was a very good foundational webinar. I enjoyed the presentation from the principal who spoke to how behavior is managed in her school. I think it's very important for everyone to buy into the concept that every teacher is responsible for all students in the school and all teachers should be working to help eac hother add tools to needed toolkits.

Really good information!

very helpful
+5

Fantastic session! I like your answer to the question, "how to fit this type of PD in an already packed day? - By chunks..absolutely and be consistent.
And like you stated the modeling for teachers who are at different places in their management is a powerful support tool for them.

Grate Webinar!

Additional information is just as informative & practical (part 2)!

Great addition to part 1. It was awesome!

Thank you! I look forward to learning more from https://defiancetocompliance.com/.
Basic Member

Great!
Basic Member

Great
more reviews ...