Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Reducing Office Referrals: Steps for Principals and Admins, Part 1

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are your teachers sending students to your office for minor behavior infractions? If so, this problem will not be solved with a chart for classroom-managed versus office-managed behaviors. Join Ryan Jeffery as he explains how you can empower your teachers with common practices that prevent 80% of the misbehaviors that occur in most classrooms. He will also address how you can teach them to respond to, de-escalate, and provide consequences for the 20% of misbehaviors that cannot be prevented in today's school climate. Ryan will share how to implement a 3-step process that reduces office referrals, makes teachers happier, and Administrators more appreciated.

In Part 1 of this 2-part series, Ryan will discuss the first step in the process, forming a proactive behavior support team. He will explain the logistics of assembling your "behavior leaders," who will help to develop a culture of empowerment with your staff.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Classroom Management, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: admin resources, administrator resources, de-escalate, infractions, misbehavior, proactive behavior supports, referrals, RTI, student behavior, tiers of intervention

Reviews (5)

+2

Thank you for all the good information. Very helpful as we struggle with this daily at our school.

Good perspective on how administrators view behavior management versus how teachers view it, and how these two perspectives can become more similar.

As a librarian, I don't have to deal with many behavior problems.
Thank you.
Basic Member
+3

Thank you!
+6

Thanks for sharing your experience. I feel really lucky that there are no runner, hitter, screamer, non-compliant, foul language in my class. But there are students can not complete their classwork and homework assignments.
more reviews ...