Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Ignite Classroom Learning with LEGO

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$9.99
Buy Now

Overview

Session Description:
Would you like to explore innovative ways to foster hands-on learning experiences that captivate your students' imaginations? Incorporating LEGO in your classroom can engage students of all ages, and it is a versatile educational resource that fosters innovation and problem-solving skills. Join Chrissy Romano Arrabito for this timesaving, to the point session as we explore how these colorful bricks can ignite a passion for learning in your students and transform your classroom into an exciting hub of creativity and learning. Get ready to unleash the power of LEGO to make learning fun, interactive, and memorable for your students! Chrissy's expertise in using LEGO for educational purposes will provide you with activities that promote active participation and provide tangible ways for students to express themselves and demonstrate their understanding.

Key Takeaways
  • Explore how LEGO can be used to encourage creativity and self-expression, enabling students to bring their ideas to life.
  • Discover how LEGO can be integrated into science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEM and STEAM) lessons to make learning engaging and relevant.
  • Unlock the power of technology as a tool for engaging and empowering introverted students.Learn how to facilitate collaborative LEGO projects that promote teamwork, communication, and critical thinking skills.
  • Explore assessment techniques that harness the power of LEGO, providing insights into student comprehension and problem-solving abilities.

• Assessment:
    Participants will have collaboration and sharing opportunities throughout the training to demonstrate their understanding of the session objectives and reflect on their learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
    Last aired on: Thursday, October 12, 2023 @ 6:00 PM EDT
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Credit Hours: 0.5
    Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Game-based Learning , Learning Theories & Strategies, STEAM, Tools for Student Projects
    Tags: building, creativity, curiosity, LEGO, student activities

Reviews (30)

I love the part about teaching math with the legos movie

Very cool! Thanks
    Basic Member

Informative Content

Awesome!
    Basic Member

Very Good Presentation. I like the Lego movie and the using of Lego to teach math. Thank you

Love Legos! Thank you.
    Basic Member

Fantastic! Great presentation! WE all love legos! Great ideas I will use in my classes!
    Thank you for the cleaning tips at the end, too!
    I have 4/5 sets and students work in groups! Oh great idea for bace plates!
    I have worked in stations/centers; when whole class, at their groups!
    Basic Member

Lots of things to think about. Kids LOVE Legos
    Basic Member

Thank you
    Basic Member

Students do really need to play! Thank you for the ideas!
    more reviews ...