Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Developmentally Appropriate Practices in Afterschool and Mixed Age Groupings

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

According to the Afterschool Alliance, nearly one quarter of K-12 youth participate in afterschool programs or attend a child care program after school. Because children of different ages and development are often in close proximity or working and playing together, this can often present a unique set of challenges. Join Leigh Anne Kraemer-Naser as she looks specifically at the developmental needs in afterschool programs for students who are 5-14 years old. In addition to exploring considerations for physical, social, and cognitive differences in development, Leigh Anne will also share strategies and tips for differentiating instruction and activities.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Counseling, Differentiation & Personalization, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: after school, after-school programs, cognitive differences, developmental needs, elementary, middle school

Reviews (16)

Basic Member
+3

Good Information!
Basic Member

This webinar really made me think about my classroom and areas that I can improve in.
+8

Awesome!

Awesome presentation! Thank you so much for sharing!
+8

Excellent presentation.
+10

Great info!
Basic Member

Great ideas that can be adjusted to use during the school day as well.
Basic Member
+2

Thanks!
Basic Member

Good suggestions for differentiating instruction and activities for after school program.

Awesome. It is very important for teachers to hear this. I worry about my students that go to after school activities. It's a long day!
more reviews ...