Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Motivating the Reluctant Reader through Technology

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

As an educator, you undoubtedly know that reading ability plays an important role in a student's academic success. But how do you entice and motivate reluctant readers to read actively and independently? Join Dr. Rob Furman as he delivers a fresh approach to integrating modern technology and reading. He will present technological resources that can easily be introduced into the 21st century classroom; from websites, to video conferencing, to apps, in order to bring a refreshing approach to reading. Dr. Rob discusses applications for each, bringing to light ways educators and schools can use these resources in an appropriate, budget-friendly manner to see a shift in active reading among their students.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Reading & Writing
Tags: active reading, reading, reading strategies, reluctant readers

Reviews (16)

+10

Great resources.

Definitely will be trying Countable and Plotagon. Have tried Goodreads personally, so may try that as well. Thanks for the great information!

Many apps and other resources provided are intriguing to me. Some great ideas how to encourage and engage students, especially reluctant learners. I'm a bit overwhelmed, but also inspired!
+2

Thanks for all the great information you provided. It is very much appreciated.
+2

Great presentation! Thank you for th resources and reminders!

This was extremely helpful! thank you

Thank you
Basic Member

Will be using this information to help with my struggling readers. Thanks

Very informative. I like engaging readers in many ways so this increases my toolbox,
Basic Member
+2

Thanks for the app ideas- will look into a few of them!
more reviews ...