Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Social-Emotional Learning: Supports to Help All Learners

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Imagine a classroom where teachers are supportive, students are inspired, and children care about one another and are working together to solve challenging problems. That's Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) in action. Join Chrissy Romano-Arrabito to learn what social-emotional learning is, why it's important, its impact on classroom climate, and how you can teach and foster these critical skills throughout the day.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 @ 6:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Diversity & SEL
Tags: classroom climate, empathy, problem solving, SEL, Social Emotional Learning, social skills, supports

Reviews (24)

It was great! Loved the idea of the buckets.

Excellent! So important in these days!! Thank you!

Such a great presentation! Loved "The Hidden Story" video- really hits home in SO many ways! I love that you bring up not just the students, but also the staff, because staff members don't necessarily consider one another's feelings. I agree that you should be genuine and honest with kids and they can TOTALLY tell when you're sugarcoating something or when you're not being honest with them.

great information along with a spot on presentation - thank you!

This webinar provided a lot of excellent resources for the classroom teacher.
+2

Love the mood meter. Spot on in building relationships are so important!!!

Full of great info!

Good information.
Basic Member
+3

Great info!

This was a really good webinar! I stand at my door every morning to greet my students. I love to see their smiles as they come down the hall. I can also comfort my students when I see them coming down the hall upset. I can't wait to try some of your other ideas. Thank you : )
more reviews ...