Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Social-Emotional Learning: Supports to Help All Learners

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Imagine a classroom where teachers are supportive, students are inspired, and children care about one another and are working together to solve challenging problems. That's Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) in action. Join Chrissy Romano-Arrabito to learn what social-emotional learning is, why it's important, its impact on classroom climate, and how you can teach and foster these critical skills throughout the day.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 @ 6:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Diversity & SEL
Tags: classroom climate, empathy, problem solving, SEL, Social Emotional Learning, social skills, supports

Reviews (15)

This was a really good webinar! I stand at my door every morning to greet my students. I love to see their smiles as they come down the hall. I can also comfort my students when I see them coming down the hall upset. I can't wait to try some of your other ideas. Thank you : )
+2

Nicely done! Totally agree...smile often!!!
+10

Great info!

Good ideas! I like the buckets.

Very informative. I like the ice breaker idea and will use it by modifying to middle school.

Thank you

I think this is helpful to view no matter how long you've been teaching. We get so caught up with testing and district demands that it's easy to forget that the kids need us to value them as human beings.

Relationships are so important! Wish all teachers would realize that it must come before content!

I wish more districts would value the time to get to know the students before jumping straight into content.

The information was very useful. I plan to incorporate some of these ideas and strategies this coming school year.
more reviews ...