Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Strategies and Tips for Student Collaboration in Google Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Google Classroom makes it easy for students to collaborate and communicate on group or class projects - whether they are working independently from home or in class. Join Jerry Swiatek as he provides an overview of some of the tools available within Google classroom that will allow you and your students to work together on projects. In addition to providing strategies for assigning collaborative projects, Jerry will discuss settings and options that allow for easy communication or messaging, as well as for sharing and permissions. He will also provide tips for reviewing, commenting upon, and grading collaborative works.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Saturday, May 11, 2019 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Google Intermediate
Tags: assignments, collaboration, communication, Google, Google Classroom, grading, messaging, permissions, strategies, student projects

Reviews (18)

+1

Good information.

So excited to learn a new feature in Google Classroom! Very helpful, thank you.

Great webinar, thank you!
+2

Always great information and resources! Thank you!

This was a great webinar that provided a plethora of ways to get students to collaborate. used to use KidBlog before they added a fee to it for students to respond to one another after generating a question. I like that students can respectfully respond to one another's thoughts, opinions, etc. I agree, it does provide all students opportunities to collaborate, especially if they are shy to speak in front of the class. I also enjoyed the presenter involving the participants to keep everyone engage and see what the student sees from their perspective.
+1

Jerry always has great webinars!

Teaching students to collaborate and communicate on group or class projects is hard for 3rd graders to get the concept. This will make it easier for me.

Very interesting and informative. Recommending it to our teachers.

great video
+10

Great info!
more reviews ...