Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Gender and Sex are NOT the Same: Understanding LGBTQ Issues in the Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

In our diverse classrooms and school communities, it is important we strive to understand and overcome biases so that we can better meet the needs of all students. Within the umbrella of LGBTQ , gender and sexual orientation are grouped together. This continues to perpetuate biases surrounding gender and sexuality. With the growing level of polarization surrounding these issues, how can we, as educators, better understand appropriate terminology, as well as provide a safe space for our students, their families, and our community? Join Megan Fuciarelli as she addresses this question and explores the misconceptions surrounding the LGBTQ community. She will share information as well as resources that can help you continue your efforts in your school and classroom. Come enhance your skills, gain a better awareness of those we serve, and walk away with resources to help unite your community.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Thursday, May 9, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Diversity & SEL
Tags: biases, bisexual, diversity, gay, gender, lesbian, LGBTQ, sexual orientation, sexuality, transexual

Reviews (18)

Basic Member
+3

Very informative

I really feel like I learned a lot. Thank you.
+9

Really interesting.

Thank you for this clear, much needed and detailed information.
Basic Member

Extremely informative!

Very informative!

Thank you! Very helpful information!

Thank you so much for this webinar; I really wish this was more readily used by school districts at every level. It's all about education.
+1

very informative!

This was one of the most informative webinars Iíve experienced thus far! This should be mandated training for the back to school inservices, as well as integrated into Pre-Service curriculum. Thank you for opening my eyes to LGBTQ issues!
more reviews ...