Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Help Improve Student Writing While Saving Time in Google Docs

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Free
Access Now

Overview

Over 80 million students worldwide use G-Suite for Education. Those students are frequently required to complete writing assignments, which can also be a time-consuming and tedious task for teachers. Unfortunately, only a quarter of students in grades 8 and 12 are proficient in writing.

In this session, Jason Carrol will focus on showing how you can easily track progress over time and provide feedback to students using Google Docs in combination with WriQ®, a Google extension from Texthelp. He will explain how WriQ automatically measures elements such as sentence length, age appropriate vocabulary, time on task, and more. Jason will also discuss how it provides teachers with a benchmark to assess the quality of writing by genre-specific criteria, such as plot and analysis.

This webinar has been brought to you by Texthelp, the makers of WriQ. Install it for free at www.text.help/SimpleK12WriQ.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Saturday, May 4, 2019 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Organizational & Time-saving Tools, Reading & Writing, Sponsored
Tags: add-on, feedback, Google, Google Docs, literacy, sponsor, TextHelp, track progress, WriQ, writing

Reviews (14)

Really informative! I think this tool will be very helpful.

great info
Basic Member

Great! This tool will be so beneficial in the classroom!

Excellent
+8

Super cool! in my tool list for next year!

Very cool tool. I wish I knew about this at the beginning of the year!

Thank you for the information and ideas!

Very informative! I will use your ideas in my classroom! Thank you!

Fine Resource!

Very helpful as a special education self contained teacher!
more reviews ...