Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teaching the "T" in STEM: Technology for Young Learners (PreK-2)

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Technology can be a great tool to help motivate children learn how to read, write, do math, and more. Join Shelly Sanchez Terrell as she introduces you to free websites, online games, apps, and programs that are safe for children, and which also help them code, design, type, create, and innovate. Shelly will also share lesson ideas and tips so you can easily use these technologies in your classroom. Discover how to get your young learners excited about STEM!

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Saturday, April 6, 2019 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: STEAM, Web Tool Overviews
Tags: code, create, design, Early Elementary, Early Learners, PreK-2, STEAM, STEM, technology, type

Reviews (10)

+2

Thank you for sharing

Loved the concept of Digital Wellness. So important!

Thank you!

There was so much good information and great web site ideas. Thank you

I loved the fact that there can be no technology and the student can be actively engaged in an activity that reinforces the concept of STEM.

I can't wait to check out these apps and websites! Thank you so much!

My 5-year olds love using computers and keyboards to practice typing their sight words. They also love using Spheros and Little Bits.

Thank you for sharing all the useful information I can use with my class.

Thank you for sharing useful information I can use for young learners.
+7

Thanks for sharing the online games, apps, and programs in STEM that are safe for the young learners!
more reviews ...