Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Encourage an Interest in STEAM/STEM with a Makerspace Marathon

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like an engaging, fun way to encourage an interest in STEAM or STEM topics among both students and teachers at your school? Consider trying a hands-on makerspace marathon in which students and teachers participate in a variety of activities of their choosing. Join Valerie Verhunce as she explains the purpose of a makerspace marathon and details how to set one up. She will share many of the hands-on STEAM activities that she has used, suggestions for where to get supplies, and tips for making your makerspace marathon a success.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 @ 6:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: STEAM
Tags: makerspace marathon, makerspaces, STEAM, STEM, STEM activities

Reviews (10)

+2

This was a great webinar. I will definitely be using many of these ideas. Thanks!
+2

Loved the ideas! Thank you!

Wonderful ideas!

Wonderful ideas for helping students exercise their creativity. Thanks!
+8

Great ideas!
+1

Sounds like FUN!

This is old school. I grew up doing this at home. It is troubling that we have to schedule this into our school day because children no longer create at home. Good reminder that while it may be old, it is still good for you! Thanks for the presentation.

Lots of great information.
Basic Member

Great webinar!

I really liked this webinar. There are so many ways to do the STEM activities. I think even I could do this!
more reviews ...