Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Combine Literacy and Technology Skills by Creating Your Own Adventure Stories

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$9.99
Buy Now

Overview

Session Description:
Are you looking for an innovative way to promote literacy, creativity, and problem solving in your classroom? Join Carol Nelson for this time-saving, to the point session as she shares, step-by-step, how to use Google Forms to create engaging "choose your own adventure" stories. Not only do these stories promote creativity, but they also are a fantastic way to bring literacy and technology together. In addition, when you design stories that incorporate math, science, or social studies, you provide cross-curricular opportunities for your students. Join us to discover how one form can equal one extraordinary adventure!

Learning Objectives:
  • Explore how to use Google Forms to create engaging "choose your own adventure" stories to promote literacy, creativity, and problem solving in the classroom.
  • Discover how to design stories that incorporate math, science, or social studies to provide cross-curricular opportunities for students.

• Assessment:
    Participants will join a collaborative backchannel chat and discuss ways to use adventure stories to demonstrate their understanding of the session objectives and reflect on their learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
    Last aired on: Thursday, July 20, 2023 @ 5:00 PM EDT
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Credit Hours: 0.5
    Categories: Digital Storytelling, Google Intermediate, Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects, Virtual Learning
    Tags: adventure stories, creativity, Google, Google forms, literacy, virtual learning, writing

Reviews (72)

How cool! I have read and enjoyed create your own adventure stories, but I never thought to compile my own.

ty

Great info!

Thank you!!! Kids love stepping outside of the box in elementary.
    +17

Extremelly useful information!! Fantastic way of making our students be interested in the "after reading" activities. Thanks :)
    Basic Member

Good information!

It was amazing!
    Basic Member

Awesome!
    Basic Member

This was an excellent webinar on something I have never considered doing with my students! I grew up loving "Choose Your Own Adventure" books and Carol shared some great tips and tricks for creating these with my students. I think it will be a fun activity to try with my German students as an end-of-year project!

Great. Will try with my students.
    more reviews ...