Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Reading Instruction for Content and Special Areas

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Content area and special area educators are often not given training in explicit reading instruction despite the fact that it is often needed for success in today's rigorous, standards-based era. Join Emily David as she shares various strategies for providing the appropriate reading instruction within content areas to help develop reading skills. She will discuss how these can be applied during content area instruction to reinforce and reaffirm these skills for all learners. Learn how to help build valuable, transferable skills that can aid your students in reading domain-specific texts

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Reading & Writing
Tags: content area instruction, content areas, explicit reading instruction, literacy, reading, reading skills, special areas

Reviews (15)

This is one of the best webinars I have watched yet. It is full of information to help even the most struggling readers to succeed.
Basic Member

Great information and resources. Thanks

Reading instruction across the content areas is critical. I agree that words have power and the three tiers of vocabulary are important to address. Students really need be able to use different levels of vocabulary in order to comprehend the reading material and respond to questions.

I think Emily made so many good points. One that I really related to was that..all subjects and content area have reading in them! With the world of technology taking over, this is a great reminder for teacher and students. The other thing that I liked was how she reminded us to point out text features and to tell the students where their eyes should be.
+8

Awesome! Like your site and great ideas!

Very helpful and will take these ideas and use them in my classroom! Thank you!

Thanks for the info

Thank you for sharing!
Basic Member

Great webinar on reading!

Thank you for sharing!
more reviews ...