Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Non-Fiction Literature in Early Childhood

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Non-fiction sometimes gets a bad reputation for being complex and unstimulating, especially with younger learners - but it doesn't have to be! Join Leigh Anne Kraemer-Naser as she provides suggestions for choosing high quality non-fiction that will engage learners and reinforce your classroom instruction. She will cover the various text features of non-fiction, as well as provide an overview of instructional objectives. Leigh Anne will also share ideas for classroom activities that will help give purpose to using non-fiction texts in your early elementary classroom.

Details

Subject: Language Arts
Last aired on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Early Learners, Reading & Writing
Tags: books, early elementary, non-fiction text, nonfiction. PreK-2, reading

Reviews (35)

Nice work

Thank you!! This was well done!
+3

Thank you, well done.

Wonderful info, thanks so much!!
Basic Member

Of the videos I have watched so far, this has been my favorite. I spend half of my day working in the library and I have spent a considerable amount of time bulking up the non-fiction section in the limited area where the kindergartners spend their media time. It has been a joy to see them express real interest in those books.

Great!! Thank you

It was a great reminder of the text elements I can teach with nonfiction. Thank you!

Wonderful information.

Great webinar! Lots of good information to consider.

Great information.
more reviews ...