Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Getting Started With Makerspaces and STEAM

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

STEM, STEAM, and Makerspaces are hot topics in education these days, but many educators are unsure how to get started with them, or think they don't apply if they don't teach math or science. Join Meredith Martin as she briefly covers the difference between the terms and talks about different types of spaces that can be utilized for classroom and school-wide Makerspaces. She will also explore some of the tools and supplies needed and provide examples of maker projects. You will discover not only how to get started with Makerspaces, but also how to tie makerspace activities in with standards, integrate them with various content areas, and so much more!

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Saturday, March 9, 2019 @ 10:00 AM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: STEAM, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: fablabs, maker projects, makerspaces, STEAM, STEM, tinkering

Reviews (54)

I am interested in trying the mystery bag and the extrodinairs challenge. Thanks for all the resources and the link to the presentation

Great ideas!

Helped clear up what is meant by those terms since they are bantered about so often and they were not part of my educational background

Great Information for getting started!
+1

Very helpful!
+2

Wonderful presentation and resources. Thanks so much!

The webinar was very informative and gave excellent ideas and projects to apply.

Great Webinar!

I loved this webinar! It was very informative and I liked hearing all the different ways in which you can apply this to the school. I would love some data on how successful this has been - numbers and percents.

Loved it!
more reviews ...