Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Connecting with Kids: The Importance of Building Relationships

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for some great ways to connect with your students? Most of us know that students perform better and try harder when they perceive a connection with their teachers, but what are some things we can do to help establish those meaningful relationships? Whether it's at the beginning of new academic year or partway through it, it's never too late to revamp how you build relationships with your students. Join Chrissy Romano-Arrabito as she explains the importance of establishing these relationships and shares 5 tips to get you started.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Diversity & SEL, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: behavior, caring, classroom management, connections, empathy, rapport, relationships

Reviews (80)

I love Rita Pierson!! I watch her video exactly how the presenter does!! I need a quick pick me up or to remind myself of what is important. It should be shared with everyone.
I always thought it was only my job to know about the kids, but never thought of them knowing about me. I love this idea and will use it in my coming up years.
+3

These were great ideas! I love the back to school night and joke a day! Thank you!

LOVE!!! So important to me! Great connections are key!

Nice work
+3

good information

This was a phenomenal presentation!

gave some helpful hints

I love the bucket idea, we also start our day with the joke of the day as well.

I really enjoyed this! I cannot wait to try some of them next year in the classroom!

I'm using journals right now as people are apart from each other during the COVID-19 closure. It really has helped!
more reviews ...