Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Connecting with Kids: The Importance of Building Relationships

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for some great ways to connect with your students? Most of us know that students perform better and try harder when they perceive a connection with their teachers, but what are some things we can do to help establish those meaningful relationships? Whether it's at the beginning of new academic year or partway through it, it's never too late to revamp how you build relationships with your students. Join Chrissy Romano-Arrabito as she explains the importance of establishing these relationships and shares 5 tips to get you started.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: behavior, caring, classroom management, connections, empathy, rapport, relationships

Reviews (16)

Good resources!

great info!

Awesome info!

I really believe that having a relationship with a teacher does help a student to work harder in class. I liked several of the tips Christine talked about. Some of them would work better when you teach the same group of students all day. I have 4 classes of different students and would like to incorporate the bucket list, complements for students and teacher.

Thank you for the wonderful tips for connecting with the students.

great ideas

Yes, access to the resources would be wonderful. Please let me know how I can get them.

Yes, please provide the resources, if possible. Thank you.

How can I get the resources for this presentation?

Students definitely perform better and try harder when they have a connection with their teachers. Thank you for your insight.
more reviews ...