Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Connecting with Kids: The Importance of Building Relationships

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for some great ways to connect with your students? Most of us know that students perform better and try harder when they perceive a connection with their teachers, but what are some things we can do to help establish those meaningful relationships? Whether it's at the beginning of new academic year or partway through it, it's never too late to revamp how you build relationships with your students. Join Chrissy Romano-Arrabito as she explains the importance of establishing these relationships and shares 5 tips to get you started.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Diversity & SEL, Learning Loss Recovery , Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: behavior, caring, classroom management, connections, empathy, rapport, relationships

Reviews (100)

This was such a great refresher if RC strategies. Connections are so important.

Great ideas. I love greeting the kids. I did it differently everyday so they never knew what was going to happen until they got there.

Thank you, I too, smile and say Hello, good morning. They love it.

I like the information about childhood trauma.

Very informative!

Good suggestions for building rapport with students.

I loved this webinar. There was a lot of information to digest.

Loved the presentation as a reminder of the importance of RELATIONSHIPS, as some of us go back to teaching "in person" and the class roster changes to include new students. It is a good way for us to begin building new relationships and foster the old ones! It's like we are starting the first day in February so this will be very helpful!

Informative, clear, and concise.

Love the buckets!
more reviews ...