Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Classroom Management in Physical Education Classes

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you sometimes find that the students in your Phys Ed class are a little out of control or difficult to handle? Classroom management and discipline are the first things we need to know in order to become proficient physical education teachers. Once we understand how to run an efficient and effective class we can then focus on the learning and teaching. Join Justin Schleider as he shares a variety of techniques that are easy to implement that will create a safe psychological and physical environment for your students.

Details

Subject: Health and PE
Last aired on: Thursday, July 26, 2018 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, School Safety
Tags: Classroom Management, gym class, PE, Phys Ed, Physical Education

Reviews (25)

Excellent presentation on classroom management. I took some nuggets away concerning discipline and instant activities.

I like the ideas on teaching that mutual respect and getting back to liking our students.

Beautiful presentation, I like the ideas for teaching respect.

I liked the emphasis on mutual respect, relationship building and fun!

amazing

Very informative!

I loved it. Thank you

I believe in the final point that you made in your presentation. When we focus on the class rules for the first two days, it shows that all we care about is compliance and we do not care about the process.

Very informative. I liked the beginning of the year sheet.

I think it is good to try and obtain some information from your actual students, to make the class more enjoyable. Do not always think in terms of top down discipline.
more reviews ...