Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Delivering a Parent-Teacher Conference that Shines

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you become stressed out when you prepare for a parent-teacher conference? Do you find that your nerves get the best of you when you're actually having the conference? Join Mark Putney as he explains how you can successfully show the parents of your students how they are performing in a succinct, efficient, and professional manner. Since preparation is the key to any good conference, he will cover how you can prepare for most situations. In addition, Mark will share personal stories and experiences that will provide context and strategies that will help you to be successful in your own conferences this year. Come discover how to stay calm, be professional, and master the parent-teacher conference!

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Counseling, Personal Enrichment
Tags: conference, parent conferences, parental communication, preparation

Reviews (26)

Iím a seasoned teacher nearing retirement and still learned some very positive pointers from this webinar! Mark, was very easy to listen to and very encouraging. My takeaway that was new for me, was to have a pen and paper there for the parents should they wish to jot anything down. Thanks Mark! Also, my comment about your encouraging to listen to goes a long way. Teachers can tend to dread the fall conferences of back to back meetings for two days. Iím reminded that conferences are not just for the parents but for the teachers. I learn so much from the parents about their child! I usually walk away from the conferences smiling!

Mr. Putney provided some great tips for conferences. This is usually 1 of the things I tend to dread. Thanks for the useful PRESENCE acronym to tie it all together.

Relationship building is the key. Teamwork makes the dream work!
+1

Good tips

Great tips!

Great tips!

great

I loved this! I will be sure to put these pointers to use during my next conferences! Thank you!

great tips

Great little tips that I may miss such as having a notepad for the parents!
more reviews ...