Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teaching Social Skills to Students with High Functioning Autism

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Your class can barely tolerate this kid! They correct people all the time, make obnoxious comments, and completely misread social situations. Yet, they claim to want friends! Join Ryan Jeffrey as he discusses the 6 key social skills that will help these students get out of their own way. Ryan will show you how to teach these social skills to students with high functioning autism so that they can improve their social interactions. Discover how to empower your students with the social skills that can help them to develop meaningful friendships and become accepted by others.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Counseling, Response to Intervention (RTI), Special Education
Tags: Autism, counseling, high functioning autism, SEL, social emotional learning, social interaction, social skills, special needs

Reviews (14)

Helpful

Social skills are so very important! Thank you for the good information!
+8

Great information.
+6

Social skills are needed at all levels. A positive approach that can be used for those children who need help with their social interactions.

A lot of this information I can use just teaching social skills to my kindergartners. Thanks for the information.

Great information,thank you for sharing.
+8

I wish I heard this last year! Thanks.

Thank you for the great insight. I will remember some of these techniques.

So informative and interesting, giving a clear concept of how to assist with student's and high functioning autism.
+2

Excellent explanation of some key deficits students with high functioning autism have AND an equally excellent explanation of how teachers and counselors can work together to help these students function well in classrooms.
more reviews ...