Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Apps and Extensions to Help Learners Who Have ADHD

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

The American Psychiatric Association estimates that 5% of children are diagnosed with ADHD. Providing the necessary supports to help with organization, routine, and positive encouragement can help children not only manage their condition, but live a healthier life. Join Dr. Hillary Goldthwait-Fowles as she shows how to intentionally leverage apps and extensions to help support individuals with ADHD. In addition to suggesting various apps and extensions, she will provide tips and strategies for how they can be used to assist your learners who have ADHD.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Counseling, Special Education
Tags: apps, attention deficit disorder, extensions, HDHD, hyperactive, special needs

Reviews (12)

Some great ideas!

Good information
+1

I look forward to trying some of these this up coming year.

Thank-you for this overview of helpful apps! I'm excited to try out several of them, especially Epic! and Tinkercad.
Basic Member
+2

Great information and presentation

It had good information but it was hard for me to stay focused. I was expecting to see some samples of the extensions and tools. It had no visuals so it was hard to stay on track with it.
+1

Thanks for all the great apps and extensions. I would have loved to see some of them.
+2

This webinar is low on visuals, so it could be listened to as a podcast, but it is definitely worth the listen because the presenter is well-organized and thoughtful about why each app or resource she included is there in the webinar. The bunnypad has a link to the presenter's slide deck, so viewers could add the slide deck to their own GDrive to refer to later on if they need reminders about specific apps. Be sure to listen through the Q&A all the way to the end because there is a good question about apps the are focused around science, which was something the presenter didn't get to in the core part of the presentation. Good presentation overall; definitely worth the time to listen to.

Very interesting. I never knew half of those APPs existed. I'm definitely going to look into some of them.
+3

This is a great resource to help our kids who have ADHD. Thank you!
more reviews ...