Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

What to Do When a Student Tells You, "No!"

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you have a non-compliant student that you secretly want out of your class? If so, don't waste time with arguments, outdated strategies, or consequences that don't work! Join Ryan Jeffery as he shares his 3-step framework for handling a student that tells you, "No!" Discover how you can release the stress of not knowing what to do. Listen to this webinar before you feel like it's time to quit!

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Counseling
Tags: behavior, classroom management, defiance, defiant students, student management

Reviews (31)

Good reminders!

Great information. I especially like focusing on what is causing the behavior.

Great webinar! I especially like the multiple seats suggestion for students who are out of their a lot.
+2

Very informative.
Strong strategies for difficult situations.
+8

Good suggestionsfor younger students.

Good Strategies for defiant behavior. This will help teachers for students that need to guide students back on track. This will take some time and effort in getting to know your students needs and the cause of the behavior.... but then what? This video gives very good steps . The presenter, Ryan Jeffery, clearly has a wealth of experience from his career.

Great info!!!
+1

I like that he gave lots of real life examples.

Offered 3 simple steps to handle 4 different behavior-codes; determine the code, provide replacement behavior, reinforce said replacement

Very good information for use in my 4th grade class.
more reviews ...