Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

What to Do When a Student Tells You, "No!"

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you have a non-compliant student that you secretly want out of your class? If so, don't waste time with arguments, outdated strategies, or consequences that don't work! Join Ryan Jeffery as he shares his 3-step framework for handling a student that tells you, "No!" Discover how you can release the stress of not knowing what to do. Listen to this webinar before you feel like it's time to quit!

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Counseling
Tags: behavior, classroom management, defiance, defiant students, student management

Reviews (21)

good
+10

Thanks!

great job

Nice job Ryan. Strong strategies for difficult situations.

I've used the author's method with some success. However, I take issue with using these "reinforcement methods" for individuals in large class groups. When I provide the "token economy" for one/some, some other students are (legitimately, I think) offended that THEY work without such reward.

I will have to try some of these strategies.

Nice job Ryan, I will have to watch again and try some of these.

This was probably the most informative and useful webinar that I have watched. I'm anxious to implement some of the strategies in the classroom and at home. This is definitely a must watch for parents and teachers.

Big help!

thought this was helpful and have a few students I will be trying this with
more reviews ...