Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Say it With Pictures: Using Mobile Devices to Capture Pictures and Learning

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Is a picture worth a thousand words? What can a picture do? What can a picture say? What is the connection between a picture and learning? Join Melissa Edwards as she explores these questions and explains how mobile learning offers new possibilities for taking, finding, creating, and composing with pictures. In addition to sharing strategies, mobile apps, and tips for working with pictures, Melissa will share classroom examples and ways in which pictures can be used to help facilitate and demonstrate learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Mobile Learning Intermediate , Tools for Student Projects
Tags: digital media, mobile learning, photos, pictures

Reviews (33)

Love the concepts discussed here and the websites used! Thank you!
+2

The names and descriptions of websites with photos available for education uses were most helpful. Thanks.

As an ESL teacher pictures are very important for helping my students to learn. Thanks.

good
+10

Helpful. Thanks.

I love taking pictures in the classroom! My student know that I will take a quick picture of their creations. This gives me ideas to take the pics and go a step further to use them as a tool for my students!

Like how students can take ownership of their learning.
However, I was hoping to learn how I can use pictures/take pictures for progress monitoring.
-KM
+8

Great webinar very helpful to my ELs.

I thought it could have had more creative uses of the content.

I think that the information in this webinar was beneficial, and useful to bring in the 21st century skills to the classroom. I like that students start to take ownership of their learning.
more reviews ...