Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Station Rotation to Make Time for Personalized Learning

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Does personalizing learning seem too daunting or time-consuming to you and your teachers? Would you like to learn effective strategies for personalizing instruction that could benefit students and save teachers time? Join Catlin Tucker as she explores how the Station Rotation Model can help teachers create more opportunities to work directly with small groups of students, differentiate instruction, individualize scaffolding and support, and allow students to self-pace their learning.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Differentiation & Personalization, Organizational & Time-saving Tools
Tags: differentiated instruction, differentiation, personalization, personalized learning, rotation, self-paced learning, stations

Reviews (17)

+2

Great info. Thanks!
+2

Excellent presentation! This is geared mostly to high school (and possibly middle school) teachers, but the presenter also stresses the importance of thinking more like an elementary teacher setting up centers in terms of the logistics and usefulness of stations. Well worth the time spent viewing this!

I've been thinking about something like this. I want to try it this summer with a few students.

Love the station ideas! Thanks!
+1

This is well presented. Even as an elementary teacher I liked seeing how this could be done at the secondary level as well.

This is an area I need help with. Some great ideas. I look forward to trying some of these ideas.

Very good ideas that are practical and useful.

Great ideas for stations! Thanks.

As I am working on effective station rotation for my PGG, it was nice to see another perspective, as well as understand that sometimes you can't do station rotation, that you need to teach in a whole group as well.
+4

Great information about intentional station design! I loved the suggestions for makerspaces, PBL, and research & explore! Thank you!!
more reviews ...