Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Preparing for and Handling Observations by Your Principal or Admin

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you become stressed out when your principal or admin comes to observe your class? Do you find that your nerves get the best of you? Join Mark Putney as he shares how you can successfully show your administrator an effective lesson while being observed. Since preparation is the key ingredient to any good lesson, he will explain how you can prepare for your observation. In addition, Mark will provide tips and tricks on how to "wow" your admin with examples from your room, your students, and your teaching style. Come discover how to stay calm, be professional, and master the "dreaded" observation!

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Personal Enrichment, Workplace
Tags: classroom observations, preparation, walk throughs

Reviews (35)

Nice work
+3

Thank you for the advice, I will use it for sure!

Very good advice! Always stressed me but no more!!

Great information!
+3

good information
Basic Member

"Observation" is a excitable word. Most staff members cannot wait to discuss the outcome of their observation with administration, because it is a teaching moment from her/him.

My opinion: Let your conscience be your guide.
Educators know if they are doing right by their students or if they are trying to take short cuts. Do the best you can as often as you can and it won't matter who's watching.

Informative
Basic Member

I especially like the part where Mark said to keep it simple. Many of us are caught up in wanting to do something impressive, which is not the way we regularly teach.

Mark gave great advice about preparing for an observation. I really liked his
EASIER plan for a successful observation.
more reviews ...